Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Yesterday

Yesterday was a pretty full day. I had my interview with the Brazilian journalist after 1pm and it went really well. The guy is a professor of journalism in São Paulo and even had a video camera with a microphone and everything. The interview was easy but it was strange to be videotaped. I talked about my research (in layman terms -- that's hard!) and showed him my seeds and described how agoutis and peccaries are affecting different seed species. The interview was pretty short (only about an hour) and the guy was really nice.

Last night we also had a pizza and cookie party to welcome back my friend Arietta and to say goodbye to another researcher who leaves today. The pizza was really great (someone had made the dough from scratch!) and the cookies were good too. Carlos and I went home stuffed.

Right now it is raining really hard so I am going to enter data and try to wait it out before I go to the field...maybe the forest will flood again!

No comments: