Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Rats!

Well, yesterday I totally forgot to write a blog post! So much for NaBloPoMo -- to make up for it I will try to write 2 today. Yesterday afternoon Carlos and I had to make a trip to town to pay the electricity bill (exciting, no?). We brought all the numbers on the newly-installed meter with us to pay and of course, since this is Costa Rica, they couldn't find the account...using their numbers...from the meter they installed...hmmm. What they needed was the name that the account was under -- our landlord. I had his first name and his first last name, but not his SECOND last name so of course the lady could not find the account...hmmm. I should know by now that logic really has no place in this country. Silly me! We are going to send someone to town to try and pay again today -- we shall see if it works.

To cheer ourselves up, we went to the ice cream parlor. Yay -- ice cream!

1 comment:

Adventurous Twenty-Something said...

I feel your pain. I missed one day by a few hours and a second day completely. Oops! I also have to admit that my posts are getting more and more sparse, just a recipe not much else. I guess this whole exercise is a little overwhelming for November. Why couldn't they pick May, that's a pretty boring month! Keep up with it though. . . you're almost there.