Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Camping

I haven’t been very often, but I really like camping. On our road trip this summer, Carlos and I are planning to visit a lot of national parks and camp as we pass through them on our drive. We will buy our gear in Seattle before we set out on the road and I have been looking into tents etc. So far, we are planning on camping in: Olympic National Park (WA), Redwood National Park (CA), Yosemite (CA), Sequoia and King’s Canyon National Park (CA), and Grand Canyon National Park (AZ). These are the big parks we will visit on our road trip, but once we are back in Miami we will go camping in the Everglades, Canaveral, and the Keys. Northern/Central Florida also has some really nice places to camp in Payne’s Prairie (where I’ve been before) -- you can even see wild bison there. I am really excited to start camping more this summer and if anyone has more suggestions of cool places to camp, let me know!

PS. For this trip, we are going to buy an annual pass from the National Park Service. This will give us unlimited access to all the US National Parks for a year and it costs $80. That seems pretty expensive now, but entrance to all those parks really adds up (entrance for Grand Canyon National Park alone is $25!). Besides, it is good for a year and I am sure we’ll be visiting a lot of the Florida parks when we get back to school. Yay, national parks!

No comments: