Tuesday, March 04, 2008

List 04 -- What I saw in the field this morning

This morning was full of really labor-intensive fieldwork and involved carrying a lot of fruits, peccary exclosures, and PVC tubes. I did get to see a lot of nice things while in the field though. This list details everything I saw while setting out stringed seeds and peccary exclosures:

* Fish -- I stopped to look at them in the stream near the trail

* Blue morpho butterfly -- drunk on juice of a ripe Dipteryx fruit!

* Pink larva -- maybe of a moth or butterfly

* Agouti -- I couldn't take a picture of this fella

Carlos helped me with setting these cages and it made it a lot more fun to have a helper with me out in the forest!

1 comment:

Adventurous Twenty-Something said...

You look like you are about ready to blast off into space!