Saturday, March 15, 2008

List 15 -- St. Patrick's day

Happy St. Patrick's day everyone. As I have a bit of Irish heritage, my family usually celebrates this holiday -- nothing much, but we have our traditions.

- Wear some green (I used to have a little shamrock pin)
- Eat a St. Patrick's Day meal comprised of:
* Corned beef (my mom makes the best corned beef!)
* Mashed 'taters (that's potatoes to all you non-hobbits)
* Steamed cabbage

That's all -- nothing too extravagant but we have fun. Since I am in Costa Rica, Carlos and I will celebrate with some cabbage and potatoes, but no corned beef (it's nonexistent here) so we will have pork chops instead! Have a fun day everyone and don't let those leprechauns pinch you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

uhhhh...Our St. Patrick's Day isn't until Monday (the 17th). Silly girl...unless you guys celebrate it differently down there. :)

Goombella said...

Yup, usually it is on the 17th, but this year it was changed to the 15th to prevent conflict with Holy Monday on the 17th. That's the wacky Catholic church for ya!