Tuesday, March 25, 2008

List 25 -- Favorite animation

Ever since I was a little kid, I have loved cartoons and animation. My first career choice was animator at the Walt Disney Studios (and veterinarian). After following neither of those careers, I ended up as a biologist/ecologist but I still like to draw and have had a couple of scientific illustrations published. When I draw for fun, I have more of a cartoon-ish style rather than realistic. I get drawing inspiration from a number of sources, but here are a few examples of my favorite animation -- in terms of drawing style, coloration, form, and story:

• Doraemon
• Real Ghostbusters
• Æon Flux
• My Neighbor Totoro
• Spirited Away
• Ghost in the Shell
• Ducktales
• Chip and Dale: Rescue Rangers
• X-men: The Animated Series
• Pingu
• Yakitate!! Japan

I definitely prefer hand-drawn animation to the currently popular 3D digital rendering that Pixar made famous, but some Pixar stuff is good too(i.e. Toy Story, Incredibles)

No comments: