Friday, March 07, 2008

List 07 -- Grocery goodies

Carlos and I have to go to town soon to pay the electricity bill and buy groceries. I hate buying groceries (because there isn't much selection)! In Puerto Viejo (the nearby town), we buy our regular food items and usually only have to make a trip once every 3 weeks. Sometimes, when we have to make a trip to San Jose (the capital and biggest city on Costa Rica -- 2 hours away by bus), we stop by the Automercado to buy fancier treats that aren't available in Puerto. However, we are rarely in San Jose. I have a little list of things I would like to buy there whenever we do end up going:

Balsamic vinegar
Tea (chai if they have it)
Macaroni and cheese
Pretzels
Panko crumbs
Monte Rico cheese (made by Quakers in Monteverde!)

I could really go for some pretzels right now, but I'll have to wait until I can get to San Jose!

No comments: